Dinner

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Bye Bye Gallbladder, Hello Growth!

My SURPRISE Birthday present finally arrived last week with a gallbladder removal! Not only has it brought me hours and hours alone with my husband and made me really realize how much I like this guy and how funny he really is!! Cracking jokes as I pass out and put on gerny before the operation even took place.. And after "So there are four holes?" As he looks at four distinct bandages sprawled across my abdomen.. "No Kev, they are just for looks.."


It has also brought me more clarity and peace in my life MAKING me slow down and let it go, re-evaluate and just breathe... I have made even stronger bonds to those who helped me during the healing process (which is taking longer than I would have liked) and to those willing to drop everything for me and just CARE for ME... 

Like my younger sister coming upstairs to check on and help me get out of bed, friends taking the kids to and from school and just coming to visit with treats and calls knowing how hard it is for me to be laid up.


Never in my entire life have I needed this much help, three births, illness etc have never been this physically difficult for me. It has made me feel so much more human and alive having to ask for "help".


I was raised by a tough mother who has had MANY major surgeries including a kidney removal at 17, back surgery on herniated disks, gallbladder, shoulder, hysterectomy and survived a strange illness they think was west nile virus, AND 5 kids! On top of it all my mom did not have family and friends close by to lean on. HOW DID MY MOM DO IT!


I was taught to suck it up! You can do it! You can do anything! And this, this I could not do on my own. And for this I am eternally grateful, more then words can describe, for all of my friends and family who are there for me, especially my incredible, talented, strong, bold, beautiful, kind, caring, thoughtful and just truly amazing Mother. I feel all of your amazing traits have been instilled in each of us in someway or another.

Thank You.

1 comment: